Do someone else beside me got interest in this character. why so small is covered close to even nothing. ??
What's on your mind?
What does it take to sire vampires since they are not able to do it in season 1? I haven't read the books, is the answer provided there?
Also, why does Diana wear a ring? Is it simply because the actress didn't take hers off? Thanks in advance
2 Votes in Poll
you need to improve everyone's page or information
Hi everyone, you might be interested in the tumblr blog and instagram dedicated to the clothing on A Discovery of Witches.
I am new to this specific fandom but I am regularly on other fandoms.
I love the Discovery of Witches. I have not seen the tv show, but I have read all the books.
Why did they go with an older actress to play her? In the books it is clear that she was in her teens when turned and she looks younger than Matthew. She is a good actress, but really doesn't look the part as described. All of the vampires of her generation on the show look old, all of those of Matthew's generation look around his age, and all that he sired look like college kids that doesn't mesh with vampire lore at all.
Ordinarily, I cannot read historical fiction. The anachronisms just pile up and eventually, I can't enjoy any of the story because I'm fuming at the inaccuracies. So it turns out that the cure for this is to make sure your historical fiction is written by a history professor. :)
That said, there are definitely some things in Shadow of Night that are not accurate to the period.
1. The one that bothers me the most is Diana dancing at her wedding: the concept of leading and following is simply not one that is found in 16th century couples dances. The volta, the galliard, the pavane, the bransle were all dance types that came as named dances with set sequences of steps, where both partners needed to learn said sequences in order to do the dance.
2. Opals are from Australia, so the chances of an ancient Roman vampire having opals are ... well, nonexistent, really. I choose to interpret this as Diana's mistake, though: she sees mother-of-pearl and thinks "opal".
3. Pigments weren't "enriched with" gemstones. That's not how pigments work. A pigment is a material that gives paint its color; it's not something you enrich. Also, really the only gemstones that make usable pigments are lapis lazuli and malachite, and those are actually semi-precious stones, not gemstones. But again, this is easily explained as Diana's mistake, and is nicely counterbalanced with her observation that not holding the quill in a death-grip really, really helps.
4. Black Nag is a set dance for three couples, so Matthew and Diana couldn't have just joined the end of the line - they needed two other couples to do the dance with. There were other English country dances of the period that were done "long ways for as many as will", but Black Nag isn't one of them.
5. 1591 is about a generation too early for the name Rebecca to be plausible for ordinary (read: non-Puritan) English people.
some of the witches are so powerful no one can stop them but a stronger witch some people think that its all bull shit but its not im a hybrid wolf ,vampire ,demon,witch i am vary powerful but i use it for good not bad.
I mean is ever explicitly explained what Diana absorbing Ashmole 782 means for her mortality?
This is the place to talk about your favorite topic, to share news, theories, ideas, and to connect with others. The content from your Forum has been converted to Discussions posts, so nothing has been lost.
To learn more about what you can do here, check out community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Discussions
If you're an admin on this community, read more about how you can customize your Discussions and set up guidelines for contributors: community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin_and_Moderator_Tools_in_Discussions
Does anyone know what happened to Hancock? He just disappears. Also, really want to know what happens to Gallowglass. Best character.
It seems to me that there is opportunity and enough material for another series. I know I have lots of questions that were unanswered in the All Souls Trilogy that could be answered. Plus - it would seem a shame for such a talented author to stop writing, I enjoyed her books so much!